Monday, January 6, 2014

Thou Shalt Not...

Judge.  Thou Shalt Not Judge.
I have a REAL hang up with those who judge others.
Let me be clear.  I have opinions.  Strong ones.  And I state them.  Often and clearly.
I may not agree with you or your opinion or your choice, but I will never judge you because you differ from me in your beliefs or lifestyle.
And, if you choose to judge me... I am a goner.  Done.  Hasta La Vista.
More importantly, if you judge those I love... I will probably take you down with a verbal lashing.  You will most likely remember this.
The irony is, after I have "those moments", I feel like I just judged someone for judging someone else.
Ironical, right?
I know that many will say that there is "someone" waiting to set judgement on us all.
I have a problem with that.  I do not care what I learned in Bible school or what The Book says, I cannot wrap my head around some Great God waiting to cast us aside because he DISAGREES with us.
I am not talking about evil here.  Evil has no place in society.  Taking evil out of the picture is not passing judgement; it is cleaning the society.
I am talking about those who have different lifestyles; religous beliefs; color of skin. I am talking about choosing not to like someone based on bias or the simple fact that you choose not to know the entire story.
This is a bit twisty and windy... but, bear with me.  What if This Is It?  What if it isn't?  When you wake up tomorrow, try looking in the mirror and choose to judge one person only.  You.  And judge yourself kindly.  Remember all the past that has molded your present.... and choose to like yourself.
Sounds possible?  Make it probable.
Thou shalt not judge... Thyself.
Maybe then, judging others won't be necessary.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment