Wednesday, January 1, 2014

here I go again

Those who have known me -- really known me-- in my life, know that I am a writer.  I have set it aside through all my five decades to be and do other things.  Perhaps I find that writing is a distraction to Real Life.  Perhaps my writing is too much like My Real Life. 
The reason I write has never been the question.  The reason I don't write has.
Now, I sit partially through my 50th year on this earth and realize it is time to Do This Thing.
I have no cause.  I have no vision.  I have no line of thought.
I have a NEED to do this.
Some chapters will be about my day to day life.  Some will talk about my work as a Dance Studio Director and how being a dancer has shaped that life.  Some will be about motherhood or being a step mom of sorts.  There will certainly be chapters on love and belief and spirituality.
Family will be discussed... sometimes veiled, sometimes not.
Friends. The same.
Read it or don't.  This is not to be a published book nor a rightful path for others.
It is a reflection on what I believe I should have written All These Years.  It is 2014 and before.  It is what 2015 and beyond might be.  Should be.  I hope will be.
Most importantly, if This Is It... I want It to be spoken and written and read and enjoyed and disputed. 
A Life Unspoken Still Exists... however quietly.  Quiet has never been my thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment