Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Know It All?

To know or not to know.  That is the question.
I do not know.  That is the answer.
Things I would like to know:
If I have a disease I can battle and win -- so that I can begin the battle.
If my Man is cheating on me-- so I can disembowel him.
If my Kids are involved in life threatening activities-- so I can kill them.
Things I would not like to know:
Crap Suzie said about me three days ago that was overheard by Thelma who told Laurie to tell me.
What the other business who is in my business is up to.  I do not care.
If I am going to die tomorrow.  Too much pressure to make today a great one.

Really, who wants to be a Know It All?  In the truest sense of the phrase, it carries a lot more problems and issues than it does to be a Know Enough.

I want to Know Enough.  Know enough to shut my mouth and hear what my friend needs to say.  Know enough to assist someone who needs me and leave someone alone who does not want my assistance.  Know enough to trust my kids until they lose that trust by their actions.  Know enough to believe life is fragile and enjoy the day in front of me.

I do not Know It All.  I do not wish to Know It All.  I love waking up and staring at a new day and thinking, "what can I learn that I do not know today?".  Really.  I do.  I am just that strange. 
The next time that you call someone a know-it-all... take pause.  Isn't that label a huge burden?  The next time someone is ACTING like a know-it-all remind them it is enough to be a know-enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment